Fri-yay! I wanted to get up a super fun recipe for you guys today, but my meal prep this week was ridiculously boring, so I don’t have anything exciting to share. But, I hope this recipe round-up will hit the spot.Continue reading “Recipe Round-Up”
The most perfect chocolate chip cookie – moist, fluffy, delicious cookie perfect for everyday or a special occasion.
Hey, it’s me. Your resident slacker and consistent poster in training
All kidding aside, I have been MIA from almost everything – including personal social media accounts – since I last posted because life has been beyond hectic. My uncle and his daughter were down, I started a new job, Cody and I are remodeling the place we are moving into, and I have been helping a friend with her wedding plans. Crazy, right? Everything has been put on the back burner (you should see he laundry piling up…well actually you shouldn’t!).
While my uncle was down, I had the chance to do a lot of cooking and baking because they ate at our house most of the time. One of the things I baked was these amazingly perfect chocolate chip cookies. They are moist, fluffy, and filled to the brim with ooey-gooey melt in your mouth chocolate chips and chunks. Honestly, these are the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever had. No other cookie – homemade or store bought – can even compare.
What makes this recipe different is the cream cheese. It adds that little something extra that makes people ask for your recipe and grab for the last cookie.
What you need:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup regular block cream cheese (softened)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional – omit if you used salted butter)
- 2 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks (I used a mixture of both
What you do:
- Using a stand mixer, cream butter, cream cheese, the egg, both sugars, and vanilla on medium/high speed for about 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. If you use a hand mixer, it may take longer than 5 minutes.
- After scraping down the sides of the bowl, add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt (if you need it). Mix until just combined – about 1 minute.
- Add chocolate chips and chocolate chunks – beat for just a second or fold in by hand
- Refrigerate dough for at least two hours
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Line or grease your baking sheet
- Scoop out cookie balls
- Place cookies on sheet, about 2 inches apart
- Bake for 8-12 minutes depending on your oven (mine took 10 minutes)
- Cool for a little while on baking sheet (about five minutes)
- Move to wire cooling rack to finish cooling
Averie scooped her cookies into balls before refrigerating and then let them sit at room temp for 15 minutes before baking. I scooped my dough after refrigerating in order to skip the 15 minute room temp deal. I used a regular size bag of chocolate chunks and 3 cups of chocolate chips in my double batch and there was the perfect amount of chocolate in each bite.
I cannot tell you enough how amazing these cookies are – I made a double batch and they were gone in two days! Plus, they were so easy to make. If you check out Averie’s post, it explains how long you can keep them in the fridge or freezer.
Guys, basically that means you can prep a double batch, freeze half, and be only 20 minutes away from fresh cookies next time somebody drops in unexpectedly.
I hope you try out these cookies soon!